Tuesday, June 12, 2007

DEATH AT THE OLD HOTEL by Con Lehane (Thomas Dunne Books)

Serendipitity plays a big part in my life. On the same day I received an early copy of DEATH AT THE OLD HOTEL by Con Lehane, I got an email from Rene Martin at Quail Ridge Books asking if I'd like to introduce him when he came to the store. I'm so glad of this opportunity. Con will be at the store on Tuesday, June 19, at 7:00.

Con's protagonist is Brian McNulty, a bartender in NYC. The hotel where Brian works is old, and the workers are not adequately represented by their union. After a strike begins, murders ensue, a baby is kidnapped, mobsters intervene, and the IRA extends its reach.

Lehane knows his characters well, and so will his readers. This third book in the series will have you begging for more.

No comments: