Saturday, May 10, 2008

THE MERCY OAK by Kathryn Wall (St. Martin's Minotaur)

I knew my cousin Ann Schafran was a big fan of Kathryn Wall, so I asked her to review this one for you. Here's her assessment:

Spring is my favorite time of the year. I love it because the long dark days of winter are gone, trees and flowers begin to bloom and leaf, and Kathryn Wall publishes another Bay Tanner mystery. Since reading her first book, I have become addicted. I love the thrill of the mystery and the way she weaves two or more into her books. I also lover Hilton Head Island, so I thoroughly enjoy reading about places I know and enjoy visiting.

In this outing, Bay is faced with a mystery that has touched very close to home—her very much loved housekeeper and her family are involved. While trying to find out what happened in a hit and run, Bay deals with an immigration problem, several holdups, the disappearance of her housekeeper and her family and even finds herself in danger along with her father’s longtime housekeeper Lavinia.

She has also found a stronger liking for Red, the deputy sheriff and the brother of her deceased husband. By the end of the book, all problems have been solved to the satisfaction of the reader; and, Bay, along with the Sheriff’s Department has solved the crimes.

No comments: